Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Andrew "Mace" Mason for Dance with the Devil - 13th October @ Trenta Formiche - Roma


New season is comin!!

Here a little introduction to our guest dj for the first night of the new season of Dance with the Devil at Trenta Formiche on 13th October 2018 in co-organization with our friends of Work Your Soul night from Turin!!

Here the great Andrew Mace Mason!




My passion for obscure soul & blues 45s originated from my love of the 80s Mod Scene.
Living in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, meant that there was plenty of local Northern Soul events and record dealers to feed my hunger for lesser known 45s, including many oddball R&B/Mod/Instrumental tunes that the Soul Dealers didn't know what to do with!
I soon amassed a half decent collection of 45s, and started DJing and promoting many different events.
I also realised I couldn't afford to buy all the records I wanted, so started selling spares, or 45s I was no longer bothered about to feed my habit......this eventually evolved to me becoming a very busy record dealer!
I created and launched my website 'Rhythm-and-Soul45s.com' on July 4th 2014 and have seen it successfully grow at a remarkable rate....the hunger for rare soul and blues 45s is as insatiable as ever!
I'm trying to cut back on DJing and promoting so much nowadays, but currently co-promote The Federal R&B Club events, and I am a resident DJ for the mighty Pow Wow Club.
I have rarely DJed out of the UK, due to other commitments and my spare time usually taken with regularly traveling to the USA on record digging trips.....so, other than Barcelona a few years ago, this is only my second time DJing in Europe!
I look forward to playing some rare and wonderful 45s in Italy this October.
Here is a taster, and a good mix, of a few of the gems I will hopefully bring with me!

Paul Gayten - Yes you do, yes you do - Okeh
Little John - Just wait and see - Gogate
Ray Williams - Gonna get even - Space
Jimmie Raney & Slim Slaughter - You drink too much booze - Jo-Dee
E Williams - Trade my soul - Jaa Dee
June Alexander - The girl that radiates that charm - Judd
Charles Johnson - You made a mistake - Rainbow
Piney Brown - I'm traveling - Tune
Ray Pollard - This time - Shrine
Waymond Hall - What will tomorrow bring - Jamal
Jerry Jones - I'm a slave - Pal
Ray Agee - I'm losing again - Soultown
Bruce Cloud - Soul Mambo - Motif

No comments:

Post a Comment